Our group focuses on studying novel materials and dynamical properties of nanostructures with high-resolution scanning tunneling microscopy (STM). With STM atom manipulation, we engineer nanostructures with tens or hundreds of atoms, investigate and manipulate the emergent phenomena in these artificially constructed nanosystems. In addition, we are also interested in using time-resolved and spin-resolved STM to probe the electronic properties of novel materials with new degrees of freedom.
1. X.J. Liu* , C. Nicolas, M. Patanen, C. Miron, Sci. Rep. 7, 2898, (2017)
2. X.J. Liu* , C. Nicolas, C. Miron, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 88, 023110, (2017)
3. X. J. Liu, Q. Miao, F. Gel’mukhanov, C. Miron et al., Nature Photonics, 9, 120 (2015)
4. X.-J. Liu*, C. Nicolas, C. Miron, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 84, 033105 (2013)
5. X. J. Liu, H. Fukuzawa, et al, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 083001 (2008)