My research interest lies in catalysis, reaction kinetics and surface chemistry applying operando methodology esp. FTIR, XRD and MS.
Yong Yang, Ph. D., assistant professor in SPST, ShanghaiTech University. He was a scientist from University of Washington, Department of Chemistry. Dr. Yang received his Ph. D. degree in surface physics from Georgia StateUniversity in 2002, and Bachelor degree in physics from Fudan University in 1997. His postdoctoral research was mostly focused on interdisciplinary studies in reaction kinetics and mechanism of semiconductors and heterogeneous metal/metal oxide catalysts. From 2004-2005, Dr. Yang joined Dr. Shuji Nakamura (2015 Nobel Prize laureate)’s group in UC Santa Barbara. In 2006, Dr. Yang joined Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and developed an operando MS-FTIR apparatus for steady state isotopic transient kinetic analysis (SSITKA). The setup enabled direct surface analysis from fundamental level on high pressure/temperature industrial reactions. Applying this apparatus, his current research is focusing on rational design of catalyst system for new carbon energy solutions.
1. K. Yoon, Y. Yang, P. Lu, K. Stamm, P. T. Fanson, C.T. Campbell, Y. Xia, ‘A sinter-Resistant Catalytic System Based on Pt Nanoparticles Embedded on the Inner Surface of CeO2 Hollow Fibers’, AngewandteChemie. 51, 9543(2012) (VIP paper).
2. Y. Yang, C. A. Mims, D. Mei, C. H. F. Peden, C. T. Campbell, The role of water in methanol synthesis from CO and CO2 on copper catalyst, J. Catal. 298, 10 (2013).
3. Kumar, Amit; Devanathan, Ram; Shutthanandan, Vaithiyalingam; Kuchibhatla, Satyanarayana; Karakoti, Ajay; Yang, Yong; Thevuthasan, S; Seal, Prof. Sudipta, "Radiation-Induced Reduction of Ceria in Single and Poly Crystalline Thin", J. Phys. Chem. C., 116, 361 (2012)
4. Y. F. Zhao, Y. Yang, C. Mims, C.H. F. Peden, J. Li and D. Mei. Insight into methanol synthesis from CO2hydrogenation on Cu(111): Complex reaction network and the effects of H2 O, J. Catal., 281, 199, (2011).
5. Dai, Y.; Lim, B.; Yang, Y.; Cobley, C. M.; Cho, E. C.; Li, W.; Grayson, B.; Fanson, P. T.; Campbell, C. T. and Xia, Y. A sinter-resistant catalytic system based on Pt nanoparticles supported on TiO2 nanofibers and covered by porous silica, AngewandteChemie International Edition, 49, 8165 (VIP article) (2010).
6. Y. Yang, C.A. Mims, R.S. Disselkamp, Ja-Hun Kwak, C.H.F. Peden, C.T. Campbell, The (non) formation of methanol by hydrogenation of formate on copper catalysts, Journal of Physical Chemistry 114, 17205 (2010).