To study ultrafast conformational dynamics in biological, chemical, and physical processes in the femtosecond to picosecond time regime using ultrafast spectroscopy Including time resolved fluorescence spectroscopy, transient absorption and femtosecond stimulated Raman spectroscopy.
1. W.M. Liu, Y.L. Wang, L.T. Tang, B. G. Oscar, L.D. Zhu, and C. Fang "Panoramic portrait of primary molecular events preceding excited state proton transfer in water", Chem. Sci. (2016) DOI:10.1039/C6SC00672H.
2. B. G. Oscar, W.M. Liu, Y.X. Zhao, L.T Tang, Y.L Wang, R. E. Campbell, and C. Fang (2014) "Excited state structural dynamics of a dual-emission calmodulin-green fluorescent protein sensor for calcium ion imaging", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 111 (28), 10191 (2014)(Co-First Author).
3. W. Wang, W.M. Liu, I-Y. Chang, L.A. Wills, L.N. Zakharov, S.W. Boettcher, P.H. Cheong, C. Fang and D.A. Keszler "Electrolytic synthesis of aqueous aluminum nanoclusters and in situ characterization by femtosecond Raman spectroscopy & computations", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 110 (46), 18397, (2013). (Co-First Author)
4. W.M. Liu, L. Wang, and C. Fang “In-situ weak-beam and polarization control of multidimensional laser sidebands for ultrafast optical switching”, Appl. Phys. Lett., 104 (11), 111114 , (2014).
5. W.M. Liu, L. Wang, F.Y. Han, and C. Fang “In-situ characterization of femtosecond laser-induced crystallization in borosilicate glass using time-resolved surface third-harmonic generation”, Appl. Phys. Lett, 103 (20), 201116 , (2013).
6. W.M. Liu, L. Wang, F.Y. Han, and C. Fang “Distinct broadband third-harmonic generation on a thin amorphous medium-air interface”, Opt. Lett, 38 (17), 3304-3307, (2013).
7. W.M. Liu, L.D. Zhu, L. Wang, and C. Fang “Cascaded four-wave mixing for broadband tunable laser sideband generation”, Opt. Lett, 38 (11), 1772-1174, (2013).
8. W.M. Liu, L.D. Zhu, and C. Fang “Observation of sum-frequency-generation-induced cascaded four-wave mixing using two crossing femtosecond laser pulses in a 0.1 mm beta-barium-borate crystal”, Opt. Lett, 37 (18), 3783-3785, (2012).
9. W.M. Liu, F.Y. Han, C. Smith, and C. Fang (2012) “Ultrafast conformational dynamics of pyranine during excited state proton transfer in aqueous solution revealed by femtosecond stimulated Raman spectroscopy”, J. Phys. Chem. B, 116 (35), 10535-10550, (2012).
10. C.L. Anfuso, R.C. Snoeberger , A.M. Ricks, W. M. Liu, D. Xiao, V.S. Batista, T.Q. Lian, "Covalent Attachment of a Rhenium Bipyridyl CO2 Reduction Catalyst to Rutile TiO2". J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133 (18), 6922-6925, (2011).